whoops forgot... wait ah let me check hahah.
oh okay, so I was saying, we reached Venice at about 5am!
we booked a room via airbnb and we knew it was ran by a Chinese man but we didn't know we would be greeted by a whole community of Chinese haha!
IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE I WOULD SAY ^^
OH BTW, SINGAPORE IS NOT IN CHINA.
I REPEAT, NOT.
one presumption I've clarified about 5 million times during exchange SHEESH.
so, back to my grandmother story.
our original room wasn't ready so we went to this other apartment first...
the auntie cooked breakfast!
we realised our accommodation fees (22 euros per night) included 1 breakfast and 1 dinner!
HOW AFFORDABLE RIGHT?!
but of course, the breakfast that day wouldn't be complimentary since its for the next day,
BUT! the very nice uncle told us it was okay :')
delivering youtiao with the auntie who brought us to our accoms building.
homemade breakfast~
the chinese way! not really Singaporean style, more of China Chinese style.
tired faces :(
other than preparing breakfast/dinner/cleaning up, the uncle also gave us a very very detailed route for our day trip and how we should do it!
he told us in detail what ferry to take blah blah blah and even went to make the card for us.
GAN DONG :')))
our accoms was at Mestre Island and we had to take a bus to the other islands~
rainy and gloomy day sighpie.
18 euros! for 12 hours~
(still) tired
goofy (and tired) hahaha.
our first stop was BURANO! we skipped MURANO, cos we didn't have much time.
Burano is the place with all the colourful houses HEHE.
Murano is the island which specialises in glass making and we weren't exactly interested.

filtering makes everything look better heheh.
if only the sun was up... everything would have looked much better.

think we spent about 2 million years on the bridge taking pictures hahaha.
I went to google, and according to their law, they have to seek permission from the govt on what colours they can paint their houses in!
COOL RIGHT?
decided to grab some lunch..
the centre is very small and we randomly picked a restaurant and it was okay!
pizza to share.
it poured crazily for quite long so we just sat in the restaurant LOL.
finally moved our ass after like an hour or so :/
always room for dessert?
we decided to head to the main island after that to take a look...
oh but the weather was just terrible :(
not sure who had the heart to take gondolas gosh.
the sea was super choppy.
after walking around aimlessly under the relentless rain, we decided to head back :/
no point walking in the cold with everyone's umbrella being a potential weapon.
HAPPY TO BE BACK :D
warm and snuggly.
whoops, blurry pic sorry! but I'm sure you can tell, SO CHINESE RIGHT?
we felt right at home <3
and everyone started missing home cooked food :'(
oh my beloved Singapore *inserts dramatic music
wenjie's plate.. so full tian ah.
there was soup too!!!
bye boys!
so our day ended and HQ and I left for Copenhagen the next day!
AND IT WAS SUNNY AND ALL...
PFFFTTTT.
the Venice airport was surprisingly large and there was...
ICE-CREAMMMMM :D
one of the better ones I've had~
my poor bag :(
after stuffing it with things we brought back for the guys hahaha.

tiramisu and cookie dough, 2 scoops for 3 euros NOM NOM.
so happy~!
we were just grateful we could come back to Lund in one piece and all our belongings intact.
This wasn't one of the best trips I've had :/
but thank god for the company phew!
It's now mid-week of Week 16, and I'm leaving Lund very very soon!
School ends on week 20, then off to Dublin w HQ, Xiu and Shir~
and then back to Lund for 3 days and then off to Portugal and Spain :)
AND THEN SINGAPORE ^^
47 days till I see my sunny island again.
pretty sure I'm gonna be damn ass happy but also a tinge of sadness leaving Lund :(
till then~
No comments:
Post a Comment