It kind of struck me that people change, circumstances change and tomorrow will never be the same as today.
A friend can be a close friend today but there is no guarantee it would be the same tomorrow.
A happy moment today can be nothing tomorrow, or something not so significant anymore.
A sad moment too, can fade over time and hurt less.
I guess it didn't really strike me until today... that today and tomorrow, no matter how similar they seem, are not the same.
Everyday seems very similar and tomorrow will feel like today.
But when you look back in a week or two, or a year or two, everything seems so different.
It is like a tsunami overwhelmed you or a typhoon came and left.
I always remember a quote by C.S. Lewis:
But I never really felt it until today, like 5 seconds ago.“Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different...”
It just struck me that this very moment, this very precious moment, will never ever come back again.
No matter how mundane this moment is, or how exciting it is, it will never come back again.
It is almost impossible to replicate that feeling at the exact moment, because so many things make that moment unique.
Do you know what I am saying?
It scares me. It scares me that I can never ever get this moment back ever again, or any moment at all.
But who knows? This feeling will fade soon, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week.
I don't know how to reconcile this feeling with myself.
It is kind of weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment